Monday, October 18, 2010

I Have To Laugh

I have to laugh because this year has been about getting healthier. Losing weight and eating better. But this past weekend a simple change in my routine left me sore and hurting.

I have been going to the gym and working with weights and doing cardio. In fact I have consistently been able to do fifteen minutes on the continuous stairs and not feel like I was going to die afterwards. I lift weights and can see some changes in my body.

So, this past weekend I decided to go to the forest with my dogs and while I was there I did a little bit of jogging along the path in addition to walking. Yesterday I raked the leaves after the trip to the forest and boy oh boy did I feel aches and pains last night. A simple change in muscle groups and the body lets you know that those muscles have been neglected.

The lesson that I learned: Not all physical activity needs to be at the gym and that a body will get used to the same old routine so you need to spice it up to get those seldom used muscles to wake up and get with the program.

Hope you had a good weekend.

No comments: