Friday, March 06, 2009

Insomia Crafting

So, about a month ago the president of the company for which I work (and to whom I report) dropped this bombshell into my lap. There were going to be MAJOR changes due to the economy. One such change happened last Friday, they let the part time person who did A/P go. Which in a nutshell means that I will be doing at least 15 of the 20 hours of work that she did. The other SUPER HUGE bomb was that we will be taking pay cuts, mine will be 20%. To say that I was freaked out is an understatement. Since that time these are the changes that I have made in my life. I cut out, cold turkey my weekly manicure, which for me was a big thing. Next I re-evaluated my car/home insurance and went with another carrier that will save me about $400 a year. I am in the process of refinancing my home and consolidating some credit card debt. The appraiser is coming out tomorrow morning and so this evening and early morning I will be de-cluttering and cleaning making the place look loverly. Well, I had been suffering from bouts of sleeplessness due to perimenopause but now on top of that worrying about work and finances and jobs and bills.... the list goes on I have more sleepless hours than before. So, during last night's insomnia I created these cards using supplies that I already own. That is my goal, to see how much I can create using the supplies that I have on hand. So far, from the yarn category I have made two baby afghans. I am working on #3. All of last weekend's cards and the ones from this week have been made with stuff on hand. I hope to get more crafty things done this weekend as well as purging some stuff that is no longer being used at the house.

Have a great weekend!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous!!