Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My shoes don't fart!

I am a shoe whore. I have always loved shoes, bought way too many shoes and at one time was on my way to giving Imelda Marcos a run for her money in the shoe count race. Now don't get me wrong, even though I am a shoe whore does not mean that I have a shoe problem like the one that Carrie Bradshaw had in "Sex In The City". Whereas Carrie would spend hundreds of dollars on ONE pair of Manolo Blahnik's I like to shop where I can get the most bang for my buck. OOOPS another shoe whore reference. My store of preference is Payless Shoe Source where for one hundred dollars, if you are shopping smart can purchase a few pairs. I am going to preface this next statement with the disclaimer that the shoes at Payless are well made but are not meant to last a lifetime and therefore the price is reduced. So, with that out of the way, the pair of shoes that I wore to work today really don't fit great. They are a "Keds" type of gym shoe with the heel cut away so that they are a slip on. They also do not have shoelaces and instead there is a band of elastic securing the sides together. There are four sets of eyelets with an elastic band connecting the sets of eyelets. Since I don't have laces in which to tighten the fit of the shoe they gap somewhat on the sides when I walk. The scary part is that air is allowed to either escape or flood the gaps creating a sound. So as I was walking down the hallway in the building in which I work to the elevator, two men from another company located on the same floor were waiting for the elevator. As I approached them they heard the sound that my shoes were making and stated: "hey, do you know that your shoes sound like they are farting?" I had to admit that I knew they were making a sound and better my shoes farting then me, right? Anyway, regardless of the sound, what through me for a loop is that they actually said this to me! Who really says this to someone even if they themselves were passing gas? Maybe I am naive but I wouldn't say that to anyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice post..there is no confusion while selecting your favorite shoes fromTimberland shoes....