Thursday, January 22, 2009

One of Those Days

I know that I have had one of these days and I really never felt the impact until today.

Did you ever experience the following:
You have been asked (or you asked) to have something explained that truly frustrated you ( or the person you asked) because the question was so clear in the data that there shouldn't have been a question or a reason to involve that person?

Case in point, on two separate occasions today, two different co-workers came and asked me a question that I had no answer for and it was plain (at least to me) that I shouldn't even have been involved.

One was a piece of mail that was sent out (not by me)that was returned by the post office for an incomplete address. I was asked why it was returned and where should it have been sent. I replied by saying that I didn't send the letter and did not know why it was returned and that I had no more information than the person who asked the question. It turned out that the contents of the letter had been handled by me yesterday because the intended recipient did not receive our letter. Everything was handled via e-mail and fax and in this case the returned letter was a mute point.

The second event was that I was forwarded an e-mail from a co-worker whom had received the original. The e-mail writer was a customer asking about a contract and including specs for an insurance certificate. My co-worker asked if I knew what the writer wanted. After reading the e-mail it wasn't quite clear and more clarification was needed from the original sender. I became frustrated that I was brought into this issue. A simple response to the writer of whether she needed a certificate of insurance to match her outlined specifics and more clarification on the contract part of the e-mail was what was needed. Why I had to be involved, almost like the co-worker wanted me to do the work is what made me frustrated.

I am very stressed right now because my plate is heaping and there doesn't seem to be any hope of getting any help with the current state of the economy and everyone laying people off left and right. So I decided to vent via this medium instead of going "postal" on my co-workers.

Thanks for listening!!!!

No comments: