Monday, February 09, 2009

A Small Step

About 1-1/2 years ago the company that I work for moved. I hated this move because it added miles to my commute but the health club chain that I belong to had a club right across the street. I had started going there on what was a regular basis for me. For a health addict it would be considered periodically. Well, there is a club close to my house and in between work and home. However in that 1-1/2 years I have never stopped there to work out. Why? Because I was afraid!!!

I was afraid of looking like the dork that didn't know where anything was. I was afraid that I would look like the dork that had to have an employee show me around.

All because of my fear I have been getting lazier and more out of shape. So, yesterday after watching the taped episode of The Biggest Loser that I missed last Tuesday I decided that I am a big girl and should just get my fat can to the club.

I did it!!!!
I went (of course when I walked in there wasn't a sole to be found at the front desk) and figured out where the women's locker room was. Followed two women (no not stalking) out of the locker room to what I was hoping was the cardio room. My relief was apparent on my face when in fact they led me to the cardio room.

This club has tv's on the treadmills! I wish that I had brought headphones and I could have listened to the movie that I was watching, but at least it had the hearing impaired feature turned on and I was able to read what was being said. I did a 1/2 hour on the treadmill and then decided that was enough since I had about 5 loads of laundry at home that needed to get done.

I left the club and have decided that tomorrow night straight from work that I will be going again.

Small steps, it can all be done with just a few small steps in the right direction.

No comments: