Monday, July 21, 2008

A Weekend Get-Away

So, I found out that I am not good luck to "my" team the Chicago Cubs. My Mom and I went to Houston this past weekend to go to see the Cubbies play the Astros on Saturday night. We flew in on Friday, went to the game on Saturday night and left on Sunday morning. Coincidence that the Cubs lost on Friday and Saturday nights but won yesterday afternoon after we were back in Chicago?

Below are pics from the trip. I don't know why I do it but I take pics of the rooms that I stay in. So, here is our room, the view from our room and the view from our seats at the ballpark. Some of the ballpark shots have been zoomed.

This trip to Texas marks my 20th state since I started my quest to see and do something in each of the 50 states. I made this quest on my 40th birthday and have been working on it a little at a time. "Doing something" is more than just driving through a state. I have alot of states to go but feel that I have made a decent dent in the list in 8 years.



























Image zoomed







No comments: