Tuesday, November 04, 2008

History Will Be Made Today

Today is election day.
Today history will be made.
We will either have our first African American President
or
We will have the first female Vice President

Either way, be a part of history today.
Cast your ballot.
Many have given up their lives or limbs so that we could have the right to have our voice heard.
Raise your voice today, be heard, be counted.

As for me, there is a saying that is said here in Chicago, "Vote Early, Vote Often".
Well, I did vote early, was in line at 5:45am for a 6:00am poll opening. I used a paper ballot as I am not very confident of the touch screen. Oprah used the touch screen and the thing flipped her vote.

I come from a "blue" state and there is often a slight shade of blue-violet or purple to my ballot. I have only missed one election is my entire adult life and like to say that I am a middle of the road voter. I like to vote for the person I feel will do the best job, heck, after all I along with you are paying that person's salary.

This year I have to say that my entire ballot was a DEEP BLUE hue. Not a bit of red appeared on my ballot this time around.

So, whether you agree with me or not

GO VOTE

No comments: