Friday, June 04, 2010

New To Me

I don't have a card to post today. Instead I spent last night at a class where we used a magazine as our paper and stamped an image in black ink and then embossed with black embossing powder. The different hues of the magazine image is what gave the flower that we stamped it's appeal. The paper by no means has the sturdiness of cardstock or even that of patterned paper but it was an interesting technique. I guess if you need it to be a bit more durable you could put a light coat of a water soluble glue that dries clear.

The other technique was to do the same thing on patterned paper. It really does add a special look to the stamped image.

Since I really did not do a good job on my embossing, in fact I was really a big spazz when it came to getting a good image I will have to refrain from posting my class projects. I will try the technique soon and post a worthy sample.

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments: