Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Control

Perhaps I never had it and that is why I cannot remember at what point I lost control of my bed.
I have been sleeping in a queen size bed from the time that I moved out of my parents house when I was 22 years old.
For some reason growing up sleeping in a twin bed I have never embraced "the other side" of my bed.
I always just slept on one side.
This makes for a very easy making of the bed each morning because only one side is messed up.
I have always had pets and they have always slept in the bed.
However, my two current girls are bed hogs!
Not only do they sleep on MY side but they sleep horizontal while my body is trying to sleep vertical.
Now I know you are probably saying, just push them over or why let them sleep on the bed in the first place?
Well my answer to that is, I like having the warmth of them during the winter and as for pushing them over. That is easy with Gidget the chihuahua but try pushing the dead weight of a 75lb lab known as Miss Harley.
She is just stubborn and doesn't always get the hint when I prod her with my foot.
Perhaps the solution to the problem is moving over to the other side when they crowd my side and then I can get a good night's sleep.

No comments: