Wednesday, March 28, 2007

You Go Girl

Sorry that it has been awhile since I posted but things are getting crazy busy for me.

Our fiscal year ends on Saturday at work and so this is always a busy time and school is beginning to get crunchy.

This Saturday at school I have an exam, a PowerPoint presentation with my study buddy Andreea on the FASB rule that governs the accounting procedures for Goodwill and Intangible Assets.

That is not the reason for this post so I will get to the main part of this post.

This Thursday in Mesa, AZ the pre-season game between the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Chicago Cubs (go Cubs!!) will be called by a female umpire. Ria Cortesio who has been calling games in the minors for over 9 years has been "called up" to call a game in the majors.

I think this is great since eyes are eyes and as long as you have a pair that work there shouldn't be any reason that a female can't call the strike zone just like any male counterpart.

So all I have to say is:
YOU GO GIRL!!!

No comments: