Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Just some ramblings

Well, since my last post I have attended class and my "study buddy" still stank. It must be that the class is at 8:00am on a Saturday morning and he is just rolling out of bed and coming to class. Maybe I'll bring gum this Saturday and offer him some, that will hopefully eliminate the mouth odor. We got our test results back and I was delighted to see that taking more time than half the class to complete the test was worth it. I scored 90 points out of 100 on the exam. I found out one very interesting fact, the professor had areas that we never covered in class on the exam. I definitely will be reading the book for the next test. I want to have a decent average going into the departmental, cumulative final at the end of the semester so that I won't be excessively stressed out come finals week.

I have been crafting like a fiend lately. This year instead of the one craft fair that is held at my old high school I will be peddling my wares at two additional fairs. I am hoping to compile enough inventory for all three fairs and not have to worry in between them whether or not I have enough crafts to sell. Two of the fairs that I am participating in is a split table. I am sharing a table with my friend and fellow crafter Simone. She is the one that let me know of the other fairs that were out there and has graciously sent in our applications. The first one is on Saturday, October 21. I am having my brother make me a "lazy susan" type display for my greeting cards. It is made up of wire shelves (for your closet) standing vertical in a triangular shape that will spin. Since I will be at school during the set-up phase of the fair I want to make it as easy for Simone as possible. The entire display will break down into just the components for easy transport. I still have 1 full skein of yarn to turn into a baby afghan and hopefully will have the one I am working on done by this weekend. That will give me three afghans for the fairs. I hope to complete at least one if not two more before the last fair on November 11th.

Later this afternoon the weatherman has told us that a cold front will be making it's way through the city. I can't wait to see what my puppy Gidget does when she goes out this evening to near freezing weather. Since she is only 7 months old, this will probably come as a shocker to her. I have to get her a winter coat and have been holding off doing anything because I don't know if she will grow anymore. I know that being a chihuahua she will not be huge but I want to make sure that the coat I get isn't too big or too small. She is amazed when the leaves blow around and chases them as they fly around her.

Today is my sister Caryn's birthday. She is just one step closer to the big 5-0! As she likes to tell me I am not that far behind her, and although I like to think that I am not in the second half of my forties, the truth is that I am marching to that same 5-0. Oh well, it's just a number, mentally I'm still in my 30's. (or at least I keep telling myself that).

That's it for now, I have to get back to work.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Hi, I just read your comment on my blog, and thought I would check your blog out! I must find out where your craft shows are!! There is one at the Catholic High School just down the street from me, but I've never entered a fair. I would like to, but haven't had the guts to put myself out there! But I do love to shop them!!!