Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sew much to do so little time

Well, the first of the three craft fairs this year has been completed. I made a profit so that is a happy thing. I was able to put money away for a Christmas gift and that was my goal. I saw evidence of the knitting and crocheting rebirth at this fair. Many of the vendors had beautiful scarves and afghans. I was able to sell one of the baby afghans which was a good thing. The cards seemed to be the biggest seller. Thank goodness my brother got the new display rack done in time.

My friend Simone is too kind. I am so used to having my brother to help me at the one craft fair that I was doing each year and because of his truck we are able to bring a dolly to haul the many containers into the school. I completely spaced when I packed for the first show with Simone and it resulted in Simone making many trips to the car to haul my stuff. I felt VERY guilty. I vow to pack more compactly and just bring the rest of my inventory when I join her after school.

I have been doing some crafting at work during my lunch hour and then going home and doing more. I want to make sure that I have enough stuff at the big two day show. I have even dusted off my sewing machine and have made one prototype wine bag. Now that I have completed one I have cut out some more and plan to use those for the show. I hope to get some aprons and maybe some potholders done too. I want to try and get some more cross-stitch baby bibs done also but time will tell.

So between work, school and crafting I haven't been out to see anyone or have I done anything exciting like see a movie, go to a museum...
Maybe after the fairs I'll have time, before the Christmas rush begins.
Wish me luck!!!

No comments: