Monday, January 22, 2007

Da Bears!

Well it sure was eerie to see the snow yesterday afternoon.
Twenty one years ago (give or take a day or two) I was sitting in the stands at Soldier Field at the NFC championship game when it began to snow in the second half. The result was the same, A BEARS WIN!!!!
I watched the game at home this time and like the first time my brother Rick was with me. I asked him yesterday if he remembered whether we stayed for all of the festivities or did we try to get out of the parking lot. Neither he or I could remember but I do remember not getting home until very late that night so I'm am going to guess that since we were both much younger then that we stayed for the festivities and then went out to celebrate with all the other crazy fans. The 85' Bears team was so dominant and at times the games became a bit boring because they had large leads. The 06' Bears sometimes have you on the edge of your seat more often than I care to experience. Sometimes that is a good thing because when the game is so close I move around and clean, so thank you to the Bears for the nice clean living room that I achieved while watching the game.
Gosh, I wish I was vacationing in Miami two weeks from now!!!

No comments: