Sunday, January 21, 2007

The High Cost of Beauty

Trying to be an attractive woman, girl, chick, broad... is a tough job.
It can be very costly and it is not only in dollars that I speak.
If you read a previous entry then you know that I cut my hair and had a not so great experience.
Well yesterday I went back to have the color corrected.
I must say that this experience was MUCH better than last Saturday when I got my hair cut.
Margaret (my stylist) was VERY NICE and I am getting used to the changes that she made.
I have had my hair as one color for so many years that the highlights that I have now just look different and so I am still getting used to them.
The entire process was a bit costly in dollars and I decided it was my birthday treat as well as a new year splurge.
The other costly thing in my pursuit of beauty was the "cost" of time.
My appointment was at noon and I got there at 11:30 am.
I was taken back and shampooed at 11:45 am.
Four shampooings later and at 4:30 pm I walked out sprouting my new colored locks.
Wow, was I glad that I didn't make any plans for my afternoon or they would have been ruined.
I started and got 50 pages into a book during the times that I had to sit for "processes" to "cure"(that's my word not one used at the salon).
Well, my very dark, almost black hair is now a warm brown with red/caramel highlights.
I WON'T even tell how much lighter my wallet is, LOL!!!!
However, I think it may be the cut or Margaret just loves the "That Girl" flip, because that's what I went home with again.
LOL!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear those highlights are pretty costly and I can only imagine because I know how much it is for my single color!
But, it only took me 2 hours for color, cut and style. And why was she washing your hair before coloring?? They usually don't do that, so the color lasts longer.
Can't wait to see the multi-toned Connie.