Monday, January 01, 2007

I am soooooo bad

Thursday 12/28 was my Mom's birthday. We made plans to have me take her to lunch on Saturday and that is what we did. I stopped by my niece Jennifer's floral shop and picked up a vase full of carnations for Mom. Carnations are my favorite flower as well as Mom's favorite too. Jennifer did a FANTASTIC job of arranging and once the lovely gift was made off it went to Mom's.

Jennifer joined us for lunch at the Olive Garden. I am NOT a lover of salad, but the soup and salad combo that the Olive Garden does is great. I ate my fill of minetrone (sp?) soup and salad. I can do without the black olives, hot peppers and onions but those are easily picked out of the salad. I almost broke down and ordered what Jennifer had, fettucini alfredo, MY FAVORITE. Something that I love to order out since I have no desire on messing with the whole preparation thing. Let someone else make the mess and have to clean it up is my motto. Since I didn't partake of the alfredo I now have that on my brain and see that perhaps I will have to get that for my birthday dinner in the not too distant future. LOL!

So, neither of the two events written above are the reason that I was sooooo bad.
Nope, while out in the burbs on a Saturday I of course went shopping to two stores that I often don't visit because of the distance and the fact that one of them is not open on Sundays. I stopped off at Hobby Lobby and a scrapbooking store in Hoffman Estates.

I picked up new Mickey Mouse fabric (for the MM quilt that I am going to make "someday") and of course some rubber stamps and stamping supplies. At Creative Scrapbooking (I think that is the name of the store) I got some great papers that I haven't seen anywhere before. Chicago Cubs, Bears and Sox papers. I also got a cool Chicago Bears die-cut and some paper. A couple of X-mas stamps that were on sale. I need more rubber stamps like I need a hole in my head but then again I haven't ever been afraid of the holes in my head, after all I have thirteen ear piercings.

Oh, I just remembered that on my way home after work on Friday I stopped by a craft store near my house for their after Christmas sale and special discount day and bought a few more stamps and a cool paper quilling kit.

So with my sins confessed I should also admit that I have made a New Year resolution to get down to some serious crafting this year. My first project is to take those giant panorama pictures and make a scrapbook for my sister Cindy. I think that I will start that today.

May you all have a great New Year and may the resolutions that you made be easy to keep.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: