Thursday, January 25, 2007

Tension

Tension should be a four letter word. To me it has the same distaste that a four letter word that we all know we shouldn't use but often times do in times of anger or stress. It is still crazy busy at work and with our fiscal year end soon approaching the pressure to be on top of everything is great. Add to that the new semester of school which is like Greek to me (International Acctg) it has led to some very painful days just recently. I have had sinus pain due to the cold and the dry air in my office and home. Couple that with work and school and you get a painful headache with sinus pain. Nothing really seems to take the edge off. So, last night I slept with the vaporizor on in my room just blowing nice moist air. That has helped my sinus cavities. The headache / stabbing pain is from tension and I am making an effort to relax when I begin to feel the tightening across my shoulders and neck.

So remember to stop for a minute when you feel uptight and take a deep breath.
I have to heed my own advise and "find my happy place" when I feel tense, and relax, because if I allow myself 2 minutes of calm, I will avoid the pain and accomplish so much more.
or
Maybe I should play the lottery so that I can win and quit my job and school and become a "Patio Princess". (my happy place, lol!!!)

No comments: