Monday, November 13, 2006

At a loss

Well, the last of my three craft fairs for 2006 was completed this past Saturday. Resurrection High School (my alma mater) was a success. I had a table alone so my overhead was larger than at the previous shows. I was happy that I did make a profit so I went X-mas shopping yesterday and got that money put to what it was intended for and not spent willy-nilly on nonsense.

I must give a million thanks to my cousin Fran who came and set up my booth while I sat through a lecture and a test at school. Thanks go out to my brother Rick for bringing my wares to the space, setting up the table and the wire lazy susan rack display. Thanks also to Simone for making sure that things were merchandised well.

I was actually at a loss yesterday evening without a project that had to be completed by a certain deadline. What an odd feeling. That will be short lived as I have a paper to write and a presentation to prepare before the end of school which is just about a month away. Not to mention designing, making, and addressing my Christmas cards.

The desk/table has been put together and placed where I want it downstairs. Now I just have to wait for Rick to get me electric in that area and then my dining room table will be free of my computer. Since I don't have an eat in kitchen this is my kitchen/dining room table and not that Rick or I ever sit down at the table for a meal it would be nice to have space to sit down and write or craft something at that table.

I am also very excited that I will have a space to set up my sewing machine and serger. I won't have to put away either machine after use and will get many more projects done knowing that I can go downstairs and sit for 15 minutes and sew. No more wasted time setting up and taking down the machines. YEAH!!!!

Simone and I are planning on doing a fair in March and I want to sew some toddler sundresses and short sets for that fair. Along with BBQ aprons. Thinking of doins some counted cross-stitch and of course cards for Mom's day, Dad's day, graduation...

No comments: