Thursday, November 30, 2006

They multiply when I'm not home

Rubber stamps in my house are like rabbits.

They seem to multiply when I'm not home (that shouldn't be a surprise since I'm out buying them) but seriously the ones at home are multiplying even when I am out of the house. I just found two plastic shoe boxes filled with more stamps. Yep, just when I thought I had corralled them all up into the cabinet downstairs the wild stallion ones came out of hiding. The two shoe boxes were under my antique dressing table. For those of you who know me you probably think, "why does she have a dressing table?". I know, I know, I don't wear make-up very often so why do I have a dressing table.

Well, like I said it's antique. I bought it over 10 years ago at a town auction. I can't even remember what town it was. I was dating a guy named Tom and he had relatives that lived in this town, somewhere down south in Illinois. Maybe around Peoria? All I remember was that it was a good 1-1/2 to 2 hour drive from his house in Tinley Park. We went down to "the town" with his mother on a Saturday. Everyone brings what they want to auction off to a park / parking lot near the train depot. You walk around and check out all the stuff and you find out the number of the item and when it will be auctioned off. Well, I was the top bidder for the dressing table. It needed a bit of work which my brother Rick did as Christmas present for me that year. He had to secure some wobbly joints and make a brace to hold the tri-fold mirror. He also repaired one of the legs and I just love it. It has two drawers and a small shelf in the middle that holds a mirroed tray with all of my perfume bottles and stuff. Tom bid and won a wooden table top thread holder with a frosted glass door. Quite unusual and the shelves have little spindles to hold the spool of thread. Right up my alley and I love him for that lovely gift.

I digress, back to the stamps. Since my room is still in chaos and I am trying desperately to get organized things began to find their way onto and below the dressing table. Well, low and behold as I was checking for punches (as that is the next group of craft items to be rounded up and put in one location) I found the two shoe boxes under the dressing table back up against the wall behind the chair (yes I found a cute iron dressing table chair on an e-bay auction with a padded seat {covered in a shabby chic fabric} to go very nicely with my table). I just hope that these are the last of the stamps or I'm going to need a bigger basement. Hopefully the punches will be a much easier group to organize.

Who said this organization stuff was good?

No comments: