Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Crazy Busy

Wow, there are not enough hours in the day.

Things at work are CRAZY.

My assistant had sudden gall bladder surgery last week and if everything goes well will be back in the office on 12/11. In the interim I have to the tasks that she completes for me as well as my normal daily activities.

Our receptionist broke her ankle over the Thanksgiving holiday and will be needing time off to see doctors and such. Bad thing is that my assistant is her back up so now I will have to pitch in on the phones while she is at lunch or at the doctor.

Now on to school.
The last day of school and our final exam is 12/9. YEAH!!!
However, between now and then I have a project that is due.
My partner, Stink Boy (see previous posts).
The project consists of getting the financial data for the last 5 years for a company.
We were assigned McDonald's by the professor and have to pick one more company (Wendy's) from the industry.
Armed with the financial data, we are to compute various ratios and compare them to each other and to the industry as a whole. We then have to comment on the results and draw up conclusions. We also should "spice" up the report with charts and tables, a company background, some thoughts on whether we would invest in the company based on our findings and of course a bibliography of where we got our data.
Stink Boy HAS NOT even started his portion of the project.
This project is worth 20% of our grade.
I am freaking out and have agreed to write the paper but I need his data.
I volunteered to write the paper because I have an A going in this class and don't want the results of this project to pull my grade down.

Like I said it's CRAZY BUSY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shoulda tripped over the turkey...you coulda had some time off!
Don't let Stinkboy pull down that grade, you know he is just sitting in his parent's basement playing video games. LOL