Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Catch up

My worst case scenario happened on Saturday.

The only craft fair that I signed up for by myself (11/11) is now the day of my second exam at school. Luckily, with the promise of major favors in the future my cousin Fran or her husband Steve will do the set-up and will "man" or "woman" the table until I get there. My brother Rick is a go to get the table, displays and crafts to the space for the set-up.

Got together with my sister, brother-in-law, two cousins and their spouses for our monthly poker game. I can't remember when the last time I saw a penny on the table during this "penny poker" game. I was up at one point in the night but ended up losing only 75 cents. Not bad for a night of fun, laughter, food & drink.

My study buddy has already (on Monday) asked me for the homework that was assigned during class on Saturday. The scary thing, he was there when we were told what problems to do. He then proceeded to ask me if I had done the homework yet. Geez, I having enough of a challenge making sure that I pass this class, I don't need the extra pressure of seeing that he passes too. (Yep, I'm riding a broom today and it's the day AFTER Halloween)

Halloween was fun. We went through just about 3 bags of candy. Some of the costumes were soooo cute and scary! Gidget (my 8 month old chihuahua puppy) was a bumble bee. She did not have a problem with the costume as she wears a little t-shirt when she goes to the forest every morning with her "Uncle" Rick. Harley (my 8 year old black lab) was a clown. She didn't want to wear the hat but was content to have the ruffled collar on. Both of my girls would answer the door with me and everyone thought that they were cute. A few times Gidget thought that she was going to go trick or treating with the kids but came back when I called her and told her that she needed to stay home.

Tonight after work I am going to the home of one of the owners of the company where I work. She has the MOST BEAUTIFUL irises and wants to thin them out. She is going to give me some of the 3ft. high white ones. It ought to be quite the adventure for the two of us in what I am assuming will be the dark digging up and splitting the plants. I then will have to go home and either put them in the garage to be planted tomorrow night or plant them when I get home.

Only ONE more day until my weekend. I have Friday off as a vacation day!

Hope everyone is doing well and you are not sick of Halloween candy.

No comments: