Friday, December 01, 2006

Winter Wonderland

As an adult: I MISS SNOW DAYS!!

In my family when there was a forecast for snow the excitement began.
Of course we were hoping for our school to close or our parents to decide that it wasn't worth sending us to school.
Since my father was in construction that meant that he was home too.
Living in a two flat with my Aunt, Uncle and cousins above us it just made for a merrier time.
Out would come the board games and we would play all day with short snow periods where we would get all wet from the snowball fights and shoveling.
Then back inside for another board game and hot chocolate. The real kind made with milk and Nestle powdered cocoa. The milk would be warmed in a silver metal sauce pan and then one person was in charge of the cocoa, one the marshmallows and one did the stirring.

Ah, those were the days!

Today was fun seeing my new puppy Gidget (a chihuahua) have her first experience with snow this morning at 4:00am. She was a trooper, but then I think that might have had something to do with the fact that I was out there in my nightshirt, slippers and coat shoveling the walkway for her. The real test comes later today when the deep heavy snow is on the ground.

Enjoy the snow, those that have gotten some. For you that are not in the chilly area, enjoy your Southern California (Cindy) weather and remember we will probably now have a white Christmas.

Remember be careful if you are driving and steer into the skid.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm having a snow day even though Max isn't!! LOL
Took me 25 minutes to get him the 8 blocks to school and that doesn't count the 25 minutes it took me to brush off my car!!