Thursday, December 21, 2006

Pictures

I am a dorkwad! I took three rolls of film with my camera that uses advantix film. (I can just hear some of you moaning about film and why haven't I gone digital). I have a digital camera. It is obsolete now and even when it was new and state of the art I never learned how to use it. So, my brother now has sole control and I use my regular camera. Maybe in the new year I will investigate the purchase of a new digital.

Back to the real reason for this post. So, me the dorkwad took three rolls of film while at the Winter WonderFest at Navy Pier so that my sister Cindy would have more current photos of her grandkids since she hasn't seen them in over a year. I loved taking the pictures of Hannah and Zaine and of the beautiful surroundings. Like I said, three rolls worth. I even took them in for developing the next day. (A large accomplishment for me since I usually wait months to get pictures developed). I picked them up this morning and, here is the dorkwad part, I had the camera set inadvertently the whole time in the panoramic setting. What does this mean in the large scope of things?

ALL OF THE PICTURES ARE ABOUT 11-1/2" BY 4" !!!!!

Some of the pictures DON'T EVEN HAVE PEOPLE THAT I KNOW in them.

So, like I stated above, I AM A DORKWAD.

Don't get me wrong, I find great humor in this and intend to send the pictures of the strange children to my sister saying something like her grandkids sure did change since she has been in California.

The worst part about this is that I was going to make my first leap into doing a scrapbook with these pictures to give to the kids and my sister as a way to remember the day. I will just have to crop like crazy to achieve that goal.

Moral of the story: I will make sure for Christmas that the settings on my camera are correct when I shoot more pictures.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, that gave me a good laugh....panoramic...too funny.
You still scrapbook 'em, just have to get a 12x12 scrapbook...LOL