Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Germs

How do teachers do it? How do they stay healthy when exposed to young kids with germs all day? I really didn't know how bad my germaphobia was until the trip to Winter WonderFest. I tried very hard not to touch anything with my hands. What, you say, you didn't touch with your hands? Yep, I had a sweater on that had long sleeves, I covered my hands with the sweater when I had to touch a railing, an escalator hand rail, door handle... I washed my hands very well and did my best not to touch my face, nose, eyes... I even had all members in my car use anti-bacterial wipes whenever we got back into the car and I wiped down the gear shift, steering wheel, radio buttons, door handle... What did all of this supposed preventitive action get me?

SICK!!!

Yep, I am coming down with a cold just in time for Christmas. Right now, I want to take a nap. What ever happened to nap time in the adult world? I LOVE a good afternoon nap anytime of the year, but when I am sick it is something that I crave just like a hot bowl of chicken soup.

So all of you teachers out there that manage to stay healthy when dealing with a room full of young children who don't always cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze, I commend you for your stamina in being able to stay healthy.

No comments: