Monday, December 18, 2006

Craftivus

Friday was the inaugural event that is known as Craftivus. Simone hosted the event in her home with a delicious dinner and hours of crafting and chatting. As the night came to a close a Yankee swap was done and I was the recipient of a very cool tin of chipboard heart shapes to be used on future cards and maybe a venture into a scrapbook page of two. I also received a very fine handmade accordian folded family scrapbook with it's own purse shaped box container. The only thing missing are the pictures of my family. This just might be the launch into scrapbooking that I need, finished pages with just the photos needed to complete. The toughest decision will now be to see what pictures are worthy of the great craftmanship that was used to make this great gift. In addition to lovely time had at Craftivus for the rest-of-us, was the very unexpected gift from Simone. Simone purchased a ribbon box from her friend Greta who lives down in Mississippi and had it shipped up to Chi-town. I already have some spools of ribbon on it. The hard job is determining what spool is box-worthy, and given the honor of being displayed. Many thanks to you Simone for creating and hosting this unique night. I have to admit that it was tons better than Festivus could have ever been.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you had fun and took pictures of the project...I didn't! Duh!
Next year I will try to plan better on the date. It is just this time of the year.
I knew the ribbon holder would be perfect in your newly remodeled craft room!