Monday, October 22, 2007

Card Creations

Sorry that this image is blurry, the whole new camera learning curve thingie.
So here is the card that I came up with for a SU workshop that I have coming up this Saturday. I wanted something that was simple to make yet different. I hope that the ladies like this card. I have 8 packages assembled and hope that my hostess doesn't have more than eight guests or I'll have to substitute colors. Here are the ingredients:
Paper: SU Whisper White, Garden Green and Real Red
Patterned Paper: Doodlebug Design "1090 Cheerfully Christmas Dots"
Stamp Set: SU Love & Joy
Ink: SU Real Red
7/8" Circle punch
Ticket corner punch
Pop dots




This card I agonized over for days, nothing seemed right and I am still not happy with it but I wanted to get it off of my mind. I stamped the image and colored it with the other images from this set and couldn't decide what to pair it with. I chose the basic gray to back the image because I had colored the pail to look like a silver bucket. I then chose wild wasabi because I like the way it worked with the green apples. Here is where the real problem came in. I didn't want to use a red card because I felt it would look too much like Christmas. I was also having a hard time finding patterned paper that I liked that had the gray and green in it. This is why I say that I don't make good cards, I have such a problem when things just don't "match" perfectly in my mind. I found that the retired SU patterned paper "Pool Party" had green, white, a smidge of a gray tone so I decided to go with that paper. The card is from a box of multiple colored textured cards that I got from Michael's and the brads are from my stash. I want to try this image again, perhaps coloring all of the apples either green or red and making a new card. I think that I would not have such a hard time that way. Either way, it's done, out of my mind and now I am free to think up another Christmas card for the workshop coming up this weekend. I'm thinking something blue...maybe snowflakes...I'm off to ponder.
Ingredients:
Stamp Set: SU Give Thanks
Ink: Black
Image colored with PrismaColor pencils
Patterned Paper: SU Pool Party
Paper: SU Whisper White, Basic Gray, Wild Wasabi
Card: Textured card from boxed set bought at Michael's
Brad: Blue (from craft stash)
Sentiment: Sticker from my stash
Thanks for looking,
Have a good Monday!



3 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

I really like both of these cards! They are great workshop cards!

My Paper World said...

Great cards! I love both of them!

Unknown said...

love both your cards i just love the colours you chose on the harvest card!