Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Blast From the Past

I had a most freaky thing happen to me today.
I received an e-mail from my childhood sweatheart.
We dated from the time I was in 8th grade through most of high school.
The last that I had heard he was married with two kids living out in the suburbs.
During the few e-mails that we exchanged today there was mention of the kids but nothing about the wife.
I am too surprised, shocked, freaked out... and a bit scared to ask the question, "Are you still married?".
Maybe part of me doesn't want to know because I am enjoying the banter that we seem to have fallen into and knowing that he is still married would make me withdraw because my Catholic guilt would make me feel like I was doing something wrong having e-mail conversations with someone whom belongs to someone else.

So cyber buddies, should I suck it up and ask or wait for him to divulge the data himself?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Find out!!!
There is a reason he "found" you and something tells me it wasn't just to talk about 8th grade again.
He's divorced.