Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Blast From the Past

I had a most freaky thing happen to me today.
I received an e-mail from my childhood sweatheart.
We dated from the time I was in 8th grade through most of high school.
The last that I had heard he was married with two kids living out in the suburbs.
During the few e-mails that we exchanged today there was mention of the kids but nothing about the wife.
I am too surprised, shocked, freaked out... and a bit scared to ask the question, "Are you still married?".
Maybe part of me doesn't want to know because I am enjoying the banter that we seem to have fallen into and knowing that he is still married would make me withdraw because my Catholic guilt would make me feel like I was doing something wrong having e-mail conversations with someone whom belongs to someone else.

So cyber buddies, should I suck it up and ask or wait for him to divulge the data himself?

2 comments:

SpAzzGiRL said...

Find out!!!
There is a reason he "found" you and something tells me it wasn't just to talk about 8th grade again.
He's divorced.

Bubbles said...

such tantilizing fun! I have thoroughly enjoyed every dripping teasing detail. you deserve happiness, romance, fun. immerse yourself in this Connie. fantacy is often far better than any possible reality. I'm proud of your cautious approach. keep it up. remember the chase is better than the catch especially since he's still committed to another. since his kids seem to be the center of his universe, it's paramount to know that good parents go to the ends of the earth to salvage even the most dead end relationships because they don't want to forego "family" for their kids. bask savor and enjoy every ounce ... but continue to protect yourself. keep your guard up. and keep me in the loop ... I can't describe the excitement this has created in the inner pits of my being. I can't even imagine where it's taken you.